“The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves” (Carl Jung “Psychological Types” 2016,p152)
Creative counselling may form a part of the work that we can undertake together. This might include:
- Crystals and stones as representation of relationships, emotions, family, events and the therapeutic relationship. This is work that I have developed over the last eighteen months and an example of this is photographed (with permission)
- Guided imagery work which includes visualisation and drawing.
- Second Stories and Tree of Life (acknowledgement to foluketaylor.com)
- Timeline work which includes using stickers, drawing and letter writing
- Using mood cards, postcards, art, poetry, affirmations and listening to significant songs and pieces of music
- “Sand Tray” ~ …..to increase emotional expression while reducing the psychological distress that may come from discussing traumatic events or experiences (www.verywellmind.com/)
Ash Tree Counselling purchase crystals from Angels Crystals in Norwich.