“Whether you’re a counsellor, psychotherapist or supervisor, I would like to think that together we could be more inclusive and enable people to simply be people, wear whatever they feel comfortable wearing, using names and pronouns that they feel most comfortable with, do jobs and hobbies that make them feel fulfilled, love whoever they happen to love. (Lucan Baines-Ball, Therapy Today, March 2021. www.bainesballcp.co.uk)
During my training and since qualifying as a psychotherapeutic counsellor, I have worked with individuals who have identified as lesbian, gay, non -binary, transmasculine, gender fluid and gender queer.
I am in the process of becoming an accredited Gender, Sexuality, Relationship Diversities therapist with pinktherapy.com
I recognise all genders and I identify as an ally of the LGBTQIAP+ community. It is also my personal and professional view that ‘conversion therapy’ or ‘cure therapy’ is both dangerous and harmful.
UKCP policy about Conversion Therapy can be found here.
- Beyond the Gender Binary by Alok Vaid -Menon
- Trans Bodies , Trans Selves edited by Laura Erickson- Schroth
- Transgender History by Susan Stryker
- All Boys Aren’t Blue by George M. Johnson
- How to Understand Your Gender by Alex Iantaffi and Meg-John Barker
- They/Them/Their: A Guide to Nonbinary and Genderqueer Identities by Eris Young
Meg-John Barker’s website is: rewriting-the-rules.com
Please feel able to contact me by email or phone. We can discuss how we might work together with regard to:
- ‘Coming Out’
- Being Trans
- Questioning gender identity
- Sexual identities
- Gender dysphoria
I am supporting allout.org